Business Blogging Can Grow Your Sales and Influence Online
By Kyle Patterson, President of THRiVE! Media Group, a Google Partner
That's a question I hear a lot. The simple answer is yes. The process though isn't so simple but this article will help you see the benefits of blogging and some ideas to get you started.
First of all let's start with the basics of what is a blog?
A blog is best compared to an online educational tool to share your voice and expertise with visitors to your website. Usually connected with a product or service you offer on your website, your blog a revolving area of articles around the value your business can provide potential clients.
Here's a few things a blog can do for your business:
1) Share your expertise. By giving away some of your knowledge and expertise you establish yourself as an authority in your field. People will resect and view you as a true expert in your. Sharing your expertise establishes credibility for you with potential clients, helping you grow your business and leads.
2) Increase visibility for your busines online. On any given search, thousands of results show up in Google. How are you going to differentiate yourself from the thousands of other choices? A blog with detailed information will help potential clients chose you over a competitor. Additionally a blog with quality content and the right keywords will increase the authority of your site, meaning search engines are more likely to serve your page and blog post toward the top of search engine results.
3) Build Trust. When prospects begin the journey to purchase your offering, they start by doing some research on what you offer. By blogging your likely to show up in search and start a relationship with visitors.
4) Inbound Marketing. Blogging is one of the top tools for developing inbound marketing funnels for your business. Inbound Marketing is when visitors to your website actually pick up the phone and call you or register for a mailing list or buy right online. Blogging gets this funnel started
5) Promote. Promoting blog posts on social media packed full of good industry information get better click through rates, shares and more. Invest your paid marketing dollars in promoting blog posts that help people.
These are just a few of the pros of blogging. Have you found blogging helpful for your business? Are you thinking of getting started blogging? We'd love to hear from you.