Thousands of searches are being done online for your products or services.
Every single day.
To successfully land this business on your website and convert an interested party into your customer, I recommend 6 elements to your next online campaign:
1) Research- understand the market for your product or service online and what type of traffic you can anticipate. Knowing this data will help you plan and budget accordingly.
2) Strategy- what results are you looking for? E-commerce sales through your website? Phone calls to your business? Email list growth? E-book/guide downloads?
3) Planning- Decide what type of campaign will be best for your product or service. Search campaigns, display network campaigns or social. What's best? You'll know this based on the results you are looking for as well as the type of product or service you offer.
4) Execution- Step 4 is putting the research, strategy and planning into a fully optimized plan. Included in execution is setting up the necessary tracking codes on your website, conversion optimizing the campaign, automating email responses and setting up e-commerce solutions and shipping options.
5) Testing/tweaking/tracking- Based on your maximum cost per click and gross margin, you can test and tweak the campaign for best results. Test and tweak your campaign to produce results that increase your profit margin and grow your business.
6) Reporting- I recommend a full report monthly to understand your traffic patterns, sales online, and where you may be losing customers in the process. Make neccessary changes and repeat.